ASHGABAT, Turkmenistan, March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] today delivered the first 777-200LR (Longer Range) passenger aircraft to Turkmenistan's national flag carrier, Turkmenistan Airlines. The airplane is the first of two 777-200LRs Turkmenistan Airlines has on order. The delivery coincided with the opening of a new terminal at the Ashgabat International airport.
"Boeing and Turkmenistan Airlines have been partners for more than 20 years and we've seen the airline grow to become a successful company," said Marty Bentrott, Vice President, Sales, Middle East, Russia and Central Asia, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The airline continues to invest in its fleet, increase profitability and provide best service to its valued customers. Boeing is proud of its longstanding and rewarding partnership and we look forward to growing that bond for many years to come."
"We are very excited about the delivery of the new 777-200LR, which will be a fantastic addition to our fleet," said Merdan Ayazov, chief executive of Turkmenistan Airlines. "The performance and range of the airplane, as well as its great economics will contribute significantly to our fleet expansion strategy."
Turkmenistan Airlines' fleet modernization plan started in 1992 when the airline became the first in the Commonwealth of Independent States to order airplanes from Boeing. The airplane will join Turkmenistan's fleet of airplanes, which currently include seven 717-200s, three 737-300s, four 737-700s, five 737-800s and four 757-200s.Contact: Elena AlexandrovaInternational CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+7 495 797 3415 email@example.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV