Trade-Ideas: Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- BLDP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.6 million.
- BLDP is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLDP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLDP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLDP: Ballard Power Systems Inc. is engaged in the development and commercialization of proton exchange membrane fuel cells worldwide. Currently there are no analysts that rate Ballard Power Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ballard Power Systems has been 9.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ballard Power Systems has a market cap of $476.9 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 169.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ballard Power Systems as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.87 million or 63.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 43.59% is the gross profit margin for BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -13.13% is in-line with the industry average.
- This stock has increased by 217.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in BLDP do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.21 versus -$0.47 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Ballard Power Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts