After the bell, shares of the nano-cap had plummeted 10.5% to $1.11.
In the three months to December, the biofuel developer reported a net loss of $17.3 million, or 35 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected a net loss of $15.8 million, or 34 cents a share.
Quarterly sales fell 12% to $1.7 million, though beat expectations by $240,000.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GEVO INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GEVO INC (GEVO) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, deteriorating net income, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GEVO Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV