NEW YORK, March 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S., Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), which will rebrand as Voya Financial, Inc. in 2014, announced today that ING Groep N.V. ("ING Group") has completed its sale of approximately 37.7 million shares of ING U.S. common stock, including 7,255,853 shares that were repurchased by ING U.S. As a result, ING Group's ownership stake in ING U.S. has been reduced to approximately 43%.
In light of the changes to the composition of the ING U.S. board of directors resulting from ING Group ceasing to be a majority stockholder of ING U.S., the company's board of directors has postponed the annual meeting of stockholders of ING U.S. that previously was scheduled for May 28, 2014. The new date of the 2014 annual meeting of stockholders will be announced at a later date.
About ING U.S.ING U.S. (NYSE: VOYA), which will rebrand as Voya Financial in 2014, is a premier retirement, investment and insurance company serving the financial needs of approximately 13 million individual and institutional customers in the United States. The company's vision is to be America's Retirement Company and its guiding principle is centered on solving the most daunting financial challenge facing Americans today — retirement readiness. Working directly with clients and through a broad group of financial intermediaries, independent producers, affiliated advisors and dedicated sales specialists, ING U.S. provides a comprehensive portfolio of asset accumulation, asset protection and asset distribution products and services. With a dedicated workforce of approximately 7,000 employees, ING U.S. is grounded in a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family, one institution at a time.
SOURCE ING U.S., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV