Nearest Resistance: $12
Nearest Support: $6
Catalyst: Tech Stock Bounce
Another big technology name that's bouncing this afternoon is fuel cell maker Plug Power (PLUG). Despite its small-cap valuation, Plug Power has been one of the highest volume trading vehicles in the last couple of months, fuelled by a jaw-dropping 286% rally year-to-date. And now, with shares up another 5.6% this afternoon, the question is whether it still makes sense to be a buyer here.Today, PLUG is showing traders a pretty critical test of trend line support at the $6 level. If shares can bounce here and hold their uptrend, then we've got a big buy signal that's likely to drive shares to retest highs in the double-digits. In spite of March's correction in PLUG, shares still have relative strength that's stomping the broad market right now, and that's a good side indication that the rally isn't over yet. Don't be early on this trade. I wouldn't put money in PLUG unless it can score a meaningful bounce above $6 in the next couple of sessions. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV