On 3/27/14, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.'s 6.45% Series E Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (ARE.PRE) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4031, payable on 4/15/14. As a percentage of ARE.PRE's recent share price of $24.93, this dividend works out to approximately 1.62%, so look for shares of ARE.PRE to trade 1.62% lower — all else being equal — when ARE.PRE shares open for trading on 3/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.51%, which compares to an average yield of 7.31% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, ARE.PRE was trading at a 0.96% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of ARE.PRE shares, versus ARE:
Below is a dividend history chart for ARE.PRE, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4031 on Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.'s 6.45% Series E Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (ARE) makes up 4.81% of the iShares Industrial/Office Real Estate Capped ETF (FNIO) which is trading higher by about 0.3% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV