On 3/27/14, EPR Properties's 9.00% Series E Cumulative Convertible Preferred Shares (EPR.PRE) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.5625, payable on 4/15/14. As a percentage of EPR.PRE's recent share price of $31.05, this dividend works out to approximately 1.81%, so look for shares of EPR.PRE to trade 1.81% lower — all else being equal — when EPR.PRE shares open for trading on 3/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.28%, which compares to an average yield of 7.31% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, EPR.PRE was trading at a 23.72% premium to its liquidation preference amount. It should be noted that the preferred shares are convertible, with a conversion ratio of 0.4512. The chart below shows the one year performance of EPR.PRE shares, versus EPR:
Below is a dividend history chart for EPR.PRE, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.5625 on EPR Properties's 9.00% Series E Cumulative Convertible Preferred Shares:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, EPR Properties (EPR) makes up 4.45% of the PowerShares KBW Premium Yield Equity REIT Portfolio ETF (KBWY) which is trading lower by about 0.1% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV