On 3/27/14, Colony Financial Inc.'s 8.50% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock (CLNY.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.5312, payable on 4/15/14. As a percentage of CLNY.PRA's recent share price of $26.51, this dividend works out to approximately 2.00%, so look for shares of CLNY.PRA to trade 2.00% lower — all else being equal — when CLNY.PRA shares open for trading on 3/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 8.03%, which compares to an average yield of 7.31% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, CLNY.PRA was trading at a 5.84% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of CLNY.PRA shares, versus CLNY:
Below is a dividend history chart for CLNY.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.5312 on Colony Financial Inc.'s 8.50% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Colony Financial Inc. (CLNY) makes up 3.74% of the Mortgage REIT Income ETF (MORT) which is trading lower by about 0.2% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV