NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says in times of turbulence to fall back on companies that keep people healthy. One such stock is WhiteWave Foods (WWAV) because of its plant-based foods.
Cramer recently spoke to Sprouts Farmers Markets (SFM) and says this is the company in the segment right now that is performing the best. The company is a smaller box retailer of almost all natural and organic foods, has 13% comparable-store sales growth and could have solid momentum.
For a more traditional choice, Cramer suggests Whole Foods Market (WFM) and, if one does not mind volatility, Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG). The latter has moved up too much for Cramer's taste at the moment, but the company is in a special place where it is committed to natural and organic and the younger eaters are, as well. Must Watch: Jim Cramer Says Embrace Healthy Eating to Boost Investment Returns
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WWAV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WWAV's share price has jumped by 67.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $29.71 million to $19.54 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $69.62 million or 20.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WWAV Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts