NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) have been "horrendous" ever since the deal with Liberty Media (LMCA) fell through, according to TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio.
The deal would have been advantageous for investors, he added, but just because it wasn't completed doesn't mean the stock isn't worth owning.
He said Sirius is attractive at current levels because the company has strong cash flow, solid management and is a play on new car sales. Earlier this month, the company announced that it will resume its share buyback program, which should also provide some level of support.
"At this point," Cramer concluded, "you want to own the business."
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV