TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, agrees, saying that "a change at the top would be very meaningful."
The stock could climb $5 per share if the company announced Otis's resignation, he said. Cramer doesn't agree with Darden's plan to spin off its Red Lobster restaurants but thinks a management change would be more effective.
Cramer acknowledged that Otis used to be a star, but "the times change." Comparable-store sales of -8% for Red Lobster and -5% for Olive Garden are "not tenable," Cramer concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV