NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Wet Seal (WTSL) plunged to another one-year low of slightly less than $1.08 as of 12:03 p.m. on Tuesday thanks to an analyst downgrade and the company's quarterly results that came up short of analysts' expectations.
B. Riley downgraded the stock to "sell" from "neutral" and lowered its target price to 50 cents from $2.10 on Monday. The firm cited the company's weak first-quarter guidance and potentially substantial dilution from the convert deal.
Last Thursday, the teen apparel retailer reported fourth-quarter results below consensus. Revenue declined 22.8% year over year to $124.8 million, less than the $134.74 million expected from analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Consolidated comparable-store sales dropped 16.5%, which included a 15.4% decline at namesake stores and a 25% decrease at Arden B. The net loss of 23 cents a share was a penny narrower than analysts' expectations.
For the first quarter, The Wet Seal expects net loss in the range of 16 cents to 19 cents a share, much wider than the consensus estimate of a loss of 5 cents a share. This guidance is based on expected comparable-store sales in the negative mid- to high-teens.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV