Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: AEP, UIL, KMI
Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.30%. Kinder Morgan, Inc. operates as a midstream and energy company in North America. It operates through Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2 KMP, Products Pipelines KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and Other segments. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.44. The average volume for Kinder Morgan has been 6,711,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $32.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 12.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 53.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $220.00 million to $338.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,287.00 million or 48.27% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KINDER MORGAN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.37%.
- KINDER MORGAN INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN INC reported lower earnings of $1.15 versus $1.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.26 versus $1.15).
- 42.33% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KMI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KMI's net profit margin of 8.72% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts