Strong Upward Pre-Market Activity For Vale (VALE)
- VALE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $274.2 million.
- VALE traded 259,182 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:25 AM.
- VALE is up 2.1% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VALE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VALE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VALE: Vale S.A. is engaged in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. VALE has a PE ratio of 11.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Vale a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vale has been 20.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vale has a market cap of $67.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 14% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vale as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for VALE SA is rather high; currently it is at 56.41%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -62.28% is in-line with the industry average.
- VALE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $917.62 million or 70.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 25.53%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 138.18% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, VALE is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV