MONROE, La., March 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced further investment in its hosting capabilities with plans to expand its global data center presence in eight markets during 2014.
The opening of three new data centers in North America, paired with expansions to five existing CenturyLink data centers, responds to global demand for secure cloud, colocation and managed services, particularly in regions with a strong CenturyLink network presence. These plans follow recent news that the company will also invest in expanding its CenturyLink Cloud network of public cloud data centers.
"CenturyLink is committed to investing in world-class infrastructure to meet growing demand for access to comprehensive and secure technology solutions that power business transformation," said Jeff Von Deylen, president, CenturyLink Technology Solutions. "By adding capacity in these key locations, we position ourselves firmly for delivering the advanced network, hosting and IT services that organizations depend on to compete in the global economy."
The new builds and expansions will offer more than 180,000 square feet of additional space to CenturyLink's global presence:
- Phoenix ( new data center sites, in partnership with IO, opened in January 2014)
- Weehawken, N.J. (expansion completed in March 2014)
- Minneapolis ( new data center site opening in May 2014)
- Sterling, Va. (expansion completing in May 2014)
- Irvine, Calif. (expansion completing in June 2014)
- Toronto ( new data center site opening in Q3 2014)
- Reading, England (expansion completing in Q3 2014)
- Chicago (expansion completing in Q3 2014)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV