NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sonic Corp (SONC) has had its price target upped to $19 from $18, UBS said Tuesday. The firm said it sees the stock moving slightly higher due to same-store sales momentum, effective labor cost management and lower-than-anticipated winter weather expenses.
However, the firm reiterated a "sell" rating.
"While upcoming growth initiatives spur optimism, increased competition across QSR and loss of premium product mix to fast casual could create sss disappointments," analysts wrote in the report.
"Further, while target new unit returns in the high-teens for core markets are decent, growth opportunities there are limited and returns in new markets are unclear given uncertain sales levels post-honeymoon."Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ----------------------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SONIC CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SONIC CORP (SONC) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SONC Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV