DBV Announces Data Presentations For EPIT At The European Academy Of Allergy And Clinical Immunology (EAACI) Congress 2014
BAGNEUX, France, March 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DBV Technologies (Euronext: DBV - ISIN: FR0010417345), creator of Viaskin®, a new paradigm for the treatment of allergies, announced today that five scientific presentations of data related to its proprietary method, Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPIT TM), have been selected with four as oral presentation at the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) Congress 2014 held in Copenhagen, Denmark, June 7-11.The abstracts will also be published in the June 2014 supplement of Allergy.
Pierre-Henri Benhamou, Chairman & CEO of DBV Technologies, said: " We are very proud to have five presentations at such a major congress. The new data that is being presented provides evidence that the sustained therapeutic effect that we have observed with EPIT, which is mediated by Tregs modulation, is driven by epigenetic changes. " Dr. Benhamou continued: "The breadth of data that will be presented at EAACI is important to DBV and the scientific community because it will increase our knowledge of EPIT's disease modifying effect. We are thankful to have a strong scientific network supporting DBV's development of EPIT, a first-in-class treatment that may change the way we currently treat patients in the allergy field."
Five communications in total will be presented during the Congress:
- " Differing homing properties of Tregs induced by epicutaneous compared to sublingual or subcutaneous immunotherapy in peanut-sensitized mice" will be presented by Dr. Vincent Dioszeghy for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 32, Session Title: AIT mechanisms on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
- "Suppressive activities of Tregs are maintained after discontinuation of treatment in epicutaneous and subcutaneous, but not sublingual immunotherapy" will be presented by Dr. Vincent Dioszeghy for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 32, Session Title: AIT mechanisms, on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
- " Epicutaneous immunotherapy induces sustainable epigenetic modifications in peanut sensitized mice" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 32, Session Title: AIT mechanisms, on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM).
- "Epicutaneous immunotherapy protects mice from food-induced anaphylaxis independent of sensitization route" will be presented by Dr. Leticia Tordesillas from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, New York, USA for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Session Number: 7, Session Title: New insights in immunological mechanisms in food allergy on Sunday June 8, 2014 at 1:30PM to 3:00PM).
- "Milk-EPIT protects milk-sensitized mice against new sensitizations: the role of epigenetic modifications" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet for a presentation during a Thematic Poster Session (Session Number: 45, Session Title: Mechanism of Asthma I, on Monday, June 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM to 1:45 PM).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts