Adobe Summit, the Digital Marketing Conference — Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced a major new release of Adobe® Experience Manager, the market leader in Web experience management, including innovations for simplification of website re-platforming, dynamic asset delivery and mobile app development.
According to a survey conducted by Adobe, Digital Roadblock: Marketers Struggle to Reinvent Themselves 1 , marketers agree they need to reinvent themselves to succeed, and nearly three-quarters stated the top driving force behind this need for change is the expanded number of channels and platforms to reach audiences. Adobe has responded to the need for a more expedient development process for both web and mobile app marketing, delivering new capabilities through its Adobe Experience Manager solution for:
- Sites — Touch-enabled interface simplifies the launch of web and mobile sites, and a newly imagined template approach can help reduce project time by up to 50 percent. New dashboards give marketers greater insight into the most effective content on online properties, while support for automated translation helps reach global audiences faster. Through integrations with leading commerce engines, Experience Manager provides organizations the flexibility to build rich experiences that lead to purchase on their commerce platform of choice.
- Assets — Dynamic, interactive media experiences, including video, can now be authored and delivered across devices. Advanced video features now include the ability to add annotations and measure engagement. New workflows help streamline tasks such as photo shoots for campaign launches. Experience Manager Assets provides deeper integration with Adobe Creative Cloud, enabling Adobe’s leading digital media tools to store, sync and share assets with Adobe Marketing Cloud. Marketers can then use assets across Adobe’s digital marketing solutions, including Adobe Target, Adobe Campaign and Adobe Social, supporting the delivery of a consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Apps — Combined with the new PhoneGap Enterprise ( see separate release), Experience Manager provides the only mobile app development platform for both developers and marketers. Developers can quickly build cross-platform apps, such as for retail and financial services. Marketers can then use Experience Manager’s drag-and-drop interface to edit and add to apps, as well as push content updates from the web to apps. Marketers can also analyze app performance in real time through new, built-in integration with Adobe Analytics.
- Communities — As brands shift focus to building communities — and loyalty — on their own online properties, Experience Manager delivers a full set of capabilities designed to support them at scale. Organizations are now empowered to easily moderate communities and help boost engagement with sentiment analysis. New machine translation provides community members the ability to select their language of choice, and helps marketers overcome communication barriers and grow brand advocates worldwide.
- Forms — Large volumes of forms can be created, managed and made available as part of websites, mobile sites and mobile apps, with capabilities to adapt to device types and user responses. Forms can be integrated with business processes, helping government agencies, financial services organizations and others increase efficiency and improve response times.
The capabilities of Adobe Experience Manager are built on a unified platform, offering organizations the flexibility to deploy and manage digital experiences themselves or in the cloud via Adobe’s managed services.