COSTA MESA, Calif., March 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pacific Mercantile Bank ("the Bank"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pacific Mercantile Bancorp (Nasdaq:PMBC), today announced that Tom R. Wagner has been named EVP and Manager of Pacific Mercantile Bank's Northern Division, which covers the areas served by the Bank's branches in Beverly Hills, Ontario and La Habra. Mr. Wagner joined Pacific Mercantile Bank in November 2013 after having spent 12 years at SVB Financial Group, parent company of Silicon Valley Bank.
"We are very excited to have Tom leading our commercial lending activities in our Northern Division," said Steven K. Buster, President & CEO of Pacific Mercantile Bank. "Tom has been a high performing banker throughout his career with a proven track record of business development and in building highly productive banking teams. Tom's skills and experience will be instrumental in growing our asset-based lending practice and furthering the growth of our commercial banking platform."
Mr. Wagner has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Pacific Mercantile Bank, Mr. Wagner was the Head of Corporate Finance for Silicon Valley Bank, where he led a team of 25 professionals and was responsible for 30% of that bank's lending assets. During his 12 years at SVB Financial Group, Mr. Wagner held numerous other leadership positions including President of SVB Securities and Head of Cash Management, where he led a group of 30 professionals providing treasury management solutions to clients. Earlier in his career, Mr. Wagner served as Group Vice President for ABN Amro and Director, Electronics Industry Group for CIBC, focusing specifically on technology lending while at both banks.Mr. Wagner has a bachelor's degree in Economics from California State University, Chico and has obtained the Series 7, 63 and 24 licenses from the National Association of Securities Dealers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV