THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) today announced that it will present pivotal Phase 3 data from five clinical studies evaluating evolocumab (AMG 145), an investigational fully human monoclonal antibody that inhibits PCSK9, a protein that reduces the liver's ability to remove low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), or "bad" cholesterol, from the blood. 1 The results from the five Phase 3 studies with evolocumab will be presented in three Featured Clinical Research and two Late-Breaking Clinical Trial sessions at the upcoming American College of Cardiology's 63 rd Annual Scientific Session (ACC.14), being held March 29 – 31 in Washington, D.C.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7061853-amgen-at-american-college-of-cardiology-acc-14
"We are eager to share the detailed findings from our Phase 3 cholesterol-lowering studies of evolocumab at ACC," said Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and Development at Amgen. "The robust data from these studies in more than 4,000 patients form the basis of our global filing plan and we look forward to potentially providing a new treatment option to improve the lives of patients with high cholesterol, who have increased LDL-C levels despite existing therapies."
Among the abstracts are five oral presentations from the large and comprehensive evolocumab clinical trial program, PROFICIO ( Program to Reduce LDL-C and Cardiovascular Outcomes Following Inhibition of P CSK9 In Different P Opulations). Data from three Phase 3 studies will be presented in a Featured Clinical Research session on Saturday, March 29, at 2 p.m. EDT and results from two Phase 3 studies will be featured in a Late-Breaking Clinical Trials session on Sunday, March 30, at 8 a.m. EDT.Data presented on evolocumab will include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV