NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ever wonder if celebrities and sports stars know on a deeper level about what their sponsors are up to? I have long pondered if Michael Jordan knows how Nike (NKE) is removing costs from its products, if John Cena realizes Kmart is vanishing, and if Lebron James has seen the latest turmoil surrounding McDonald's (MCD).
Lately I have been seeing more TV commercials of Lebron promoting McDonald's hamburgers, which inspired me to bring some geeky finance things to life for him and other celebs. Here is what I have....
WATCH: More videos from Brian Sozzi
Lebron James agreed to a contract with McDonald's in 2010, first commercial hitting during the Super Bowl in February of that year. I wonder....does Lebron know McDonald's drive-thru times are at the slowest levels ever at 189 seconds?
Kmart commercials frequently appear during WWE's live "Raw" and "Smackdown" telecasts. Also, Kmart offers exclusive John Cena clothing. I wonder...does John Cena know that the CIO of Sears (SHLD) pulled in a cool $3.5 million in 2013 even as Kmart posted a $359 million loss and closed 69 stores?Nike signed its first contract with Michael Jordan in 1984. I wonder....does Michael Jordan know that Nike is now taking 5-10% price increases on many products? -- By Brian Sozzi CEO of Belus Capital Advisors, analyst to TheStreet. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV