NEW YORK (TheStreet) - David Einhorn's hedge fund Greenlight Capital has identified the anonymous Seeking Alpha blogger responsible for tipping the public about the hedge fund's investment in Micron technologies (MU).
"Greenlight has identified the anonymous blogger and has resolved the matter privately to our satisfaction," Jonathan Gasthalter, an outside spokesperson for Greenlight Capital, said in an emailed statement to TheStreet.
Earlier in 2014, Greenlight sued Seeking Alpha, asking that the Israeli-based financial website disclose the identity of the author who leaked the hedge fund's accumulating position in Micron Technologies.
Valuable Insights, an anonymous poster to Seeking Alpha, wrote in a Nov. 14 post that Greenlight was in the process of amassing a large position in Micron Technologies.
Greenlight said in a February lawsuit that on the very same day, the hedge fund had requested that the Securities and Exchange Commission give it confidential treatment in building its Micron's stake. Greenlight wanted to keep its investment confidential for another week, the lawsuit contended.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV