NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Vertex Energy (VTNR) spiked more than 20% to a one-year high of $7.34 on Monday ahead of the environmental services company's fourth-quarter and full-year results before the market's opening on Tuesday.
Last week, the company announced its acquisition of some of Omega Holdings' assets to add more than 80 million gallons in re-refining capacity for used motor oil. Vertex CEO Benjamin Cowart said in a statement that the company should have a 110 million-gallon capacity upon completion of the acquisition.
The deal cost $30.75 million in cash, 2 million shares of Vertex's common stock and the assumption of approximately $9.7 million in capital leases and other liabilities. One million shares of Vertex's stock will be held in escrow for post-closing obligations, liabilities and indemnities. The agreement should also expand Vertex's engineering capabilities.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV