By midafternoon, shares had taken off 8.3% to $2.22.
Volume was heavier than normal. Trading volume of 12.1 million shares exceeded its three-month daily average of 9.4 million shares.
The nano-cap began its descent on Friday after pricing its registered direct offering of common stock. The biotechnology company announced it would sell around 5.64 million shares of common stock to two institutional investors for $2.60 a share.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The gross proceeds are expected to total an approximate $14.67 million, which IsoRay said would be used as working capital and other general corporate purposes. The offering is expected to close on or before March 26. Prior to the offering, the Richland, Wash.-based business soared to a five-year high of $3.69 on Thursday after announcing the world's first treatment of a tumor in a pediatric patient through multiple Cesium-131 sutured seed meshes for internal radiation therapy. Year-to-date, shares are up 346%. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV