NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yahoo! (YHOO) announced that Yahoo! Screen, the company's video sharing and viewing app, would be coming to Roku.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Yahoo! announced the deal in a blog post, noting that the app will continue to get more eyeballs, on "Roku's millions of customers."
"The Yahoo Screen on Roku experience is just like turning on the TV. A video begins playing automatically when opening the app, and you can flip between channels or videos with your remote control," the company said in the post. "The app features the programming you love on Yahoo Screen - including clips from Saturday Night Live, Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, live news and events, music and Yahoo originals - all from the the comfort of your living room."
Yahoo! Screen, which offers the above mentioned content, is already available on Apple's (AAPL) App Store, as well as the Internet.Shares of Yahoo! were sliding in Monday trading, off 3.4% to $36.67, as weakness in the tech-heavy NASDAQ set in. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV