CHICAGO, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CNA today unveiled its first edition of "Risk Outlook," a new study designed to support enterprise risk management. The first edition, titled Impacts of the Great Recession, explores current industry issues backed with actual CNA claim data for the construction industry.
Few industries experienced as substantial of an impact to employment as the construction industry did during the Great Recession, when more than 25 percent of jobs were lost between 2008 and 2010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As the economy recovers, many workers who left the industry have not returned, requiring organizations to find new employees among a talent pool that is short on experience.
Impacts of the Great Recession identifies the effects this gap has had on the construction industry, specifically injury rates on the job, and it analyzes claim data specific to CNA's construction portfolio to help contractors understand the risks their businesses face.Impacts of the Great Recession is the first Risk Outlook in a series of studies that will use CNA claim data to respond to current emerging trends. The series will examine business implications and provide links to resources for real-time, actionable risk management solutions that will support enterprise business initiatives in 2014. Future Risk Outlook topics will include:
- Prescription Opioid Abuse
- Marijuana Legalization
- Aging, Obesity, and Co-morbidities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV