Though some of my market views have been misguided recently -- I have been cautious in a bull market -- many of the stock ideas that I have delivered on CNBC (and in other media outlets) have been exceptional:
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions (ASPS), rose from $13 in 2009 to over $200 (adjusted for spin-offs).
- My "stock of the decade," Altisource Asset Management (AAMC) rose from $70 to over $1,200 last year.
- Lincoln National (LNC), often mentioned on "Fast Money," has tripled).
- Ocwen Financial (OCN), Altisource Residential (RESI), Monitise (MONI.L)/ (MONIF) which more than doubled since last year) and closed-end municipal bond funds (14 in total, which, on average, are up 10% since late December 2013) have all handsomely rewarded investors.
CNBC will continue to thrive as the most important business television network extant, and I certainly have numerous public media platforms in which I regularly appear or am quoted.
The Bottom LineThis morning I am reaching out to CNBC to put my comments in the New York Post in the proper perspective, to discontinue the Dougie Kass CNBC embargo and to reconsider its decision not to invite me onto Larry's final show. It would give me great pleasure in honoring a great American and good friend this week on CNBC. As I have written today, respectful disagreement should be encouraged not discouraged. Invite me on CNBC based on the merits of my analysis, the originality of my views and my ability to communicate an opinion clearly and succinctly. Don't continue to be influenced by a one-sided, misconstrued and biased ( CNBC-hating) New York Post column published last August. The olive branch has been offered to CNBC.
This column originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 10:39 a.m. EDT on March 24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV