With Chirico confirming that $10 a share of earnings power is indeed possible at PVH, Cramer said the stock is just an outright buy given how far shares have fallen and how polarized the analysts are on the stock.
Healthy Health Insurers
Like it or not, Obamacare is alive, Cramer told viewers. While the Affordable Care Act was initially thought to be a boon for the hospitals, it turns out the insurers and managed care providers have been the real winners. That's how stocks like Aetna (AET) and Humana (HUM) have been able to rally by 47% and 71%, respectively, over the past 12 months.
While many expected the insurers to be crushed by declining reimbursement rates, big taxes on premiums and the rule that they must insure everyone including those with preexisting conditions, in reality the effects were far less worrisome.
Cramer reminded viewers these companies helped write the law, which helped reimbursement rates to fall only 4% to 6% and not the 8% many were expecting. Taxes of premiums were simply passed on to consumers, and it turns out the costs of insuring those with preexisting conditions has been more than offset by the mandate that more healthy people must have insurance as well. All in all, more people with insurance means more business for insurers.So which stocks are attractive? Cramer said UnitedHealth Group (UNH) is the best managed, but also the most expensive at 13 times earnings. He liked Wellpoint (WLP) on a pullback, along with Aetna. He was not a fan of Humana, which is already up big, nor of Cigna (CI).
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Boeing (BA), Acuity Brands (AYI), Accenture (ACN), GrafTech International (GTI) and Dollar General (DG). Cramer was bearish on Petrobras (PBR) and Cognizant Technology (CTSH).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV