NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says traders must accept the fact that activist investor William Ackman will not stop his campaign against Herbalife (HLF) until the stock reaches zero and that a company can sometimes be defenseless in those situations. He advises investors to be careful with Herbalife, as Ackman could target individual company directors.
As for FuelCell (FCEL), Cramer notes that any stock that quadruples (FuelCell had actually quintupled at one point this month) is vulnerable. He says FuelCell has a real business that could one day be profitable, but notes that investors have pushed the stock around in recent weeks. He adds the stock could trade down to $3 or up to $7.
Finally, Cramer thinks Symantec (SYMC) was too deep into desktop and not enough into mobile. He suggests caution on Symantec and instead suggests FireEye (FEYE), which hit $96 and had a secondary public offering at $82 a share. He says FireEye "can't get out of its own way" and is a high multiple stock. Symantec may not climb simply because it is a low multiple stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV