The China-based solar energy developer recorded profit of a penny a share compared to a loss of $1.03 a share in the year-ago quarter. Net profits of $800,000 compared to a loss of $88.9 million in the fourth quarter 2012.
In the three months to December, total sales jumped 43% to $438.8 million.
Over fiscal 2014, the company expects to ship 2.3 to 2.5 gigawatts of modules, compared to the 1.73 gigawatts shipped in 2013.Despite the positive improvements, shares of the company had dropped 2.6% to $3.77 by midday. Trading volume of 6.6 million was more than double its three-month daily average. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates RENESOLA LTD as a Sell with a ratings score of D. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate RENESOLA LTD (SOL) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SOL Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV