MasterCard president and CEO, Ajay Banga, delivered a speech on financial inclusion at the China Development Forum. He recognized the growth of financial access within the country over the past 30 years, and highlighted the critical role financial inclusion plays in the continued development of the Chinese economy.
This is the fourth year that MasterCard’s top executive has attended the forum at which China’s top policymakers, scholars and over 500 global leaders share insights on the country’s economic and social development. Read the press release.
“While the risks of not addressing financial inclusion are profound, the benefits are undeniable,” said Banga. “If it’s done well, it can help grow an economy that’s more equitable, sustainable and inclusive.”
- Read his prepared remarks and the four financial inclusion themes he discussed as important to social development.
- MasterCard white paper, “ Creating Higher Levels of Financial Inclusion in China”, offering insights on how China can sustain its economic growth through financial inclusion.
- Watch 90 second YouTube video Greater Possibilities with Financial Inclusion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV