LONDON, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
MoneyGram (NASDAQ: MGI), a leading global money transfer and payment services company has extended its exclusive relationship with Post Office Limited in the UK. The agreement allows customers to send and receive funds at over 11,500 Post Offices across the UK. The Post Office, which serves almost 18 million people a week, has been a MoneyGram agent since 1997.
"The renewal of this 17-year working relationship is a testament to a shared vision." says Carl Scheible, executive vice president, Europe, Africa and Emerging Channels at MoneyGram. "Together, MoneyGram and the Post Office's network are committed to meeting the needs of consumers who want convenient, reliable and fast money transfer services. We are delighted to continue our relationship with this trusted brand and look forward to continued growth of our shared business."According to the World Bank, the UK is a major source of remittances with an outward money transfer market worth of $3.7 billion *. Nick Kennett, Director of Post Office Financial Services said: "Financial Services is a very important part of the Post Office business, providing an invaluable service to people across all communities. "We are delighted to renew our contract with MoneyGram following a competitive tender process. At the Post Office we want to make sure the services we offer are as accessible as possible to our customers through a network of over 11,500 branches and with the addition of longer opening hours."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV