NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MicroVision (MVIS) is rocketing 16.7% to $2.33 in early trading Monday on the heels of the news that it has reached a deal with shipment company UPS (UPS) to provide the company with customized display modules.
UPS hopes the micro display technology will help the shipping company improve processing efficiency. The PicoP model that MicroVision is supplying has projections with the ability to operate in industrial environments due to its brightness, infinite focus, and variable field of view technology. Due to the varying sizes of the packages the display will be projected on, UPS hopes these technological breakthroughs will help with efficiency.
"We are very pleased to be supplying custom PicoP display modules to UPS for its package routing application," Alexander Tokman, MicroVision president and CEO, said. "As the leader in logistics handling high volumes of packages every day, UPS is the ideal company to deploy advanced projection capabilities to improve package handling processes. We are confident that MicroVision's PicoP display technology will aid in accuracy and increased efficiency."TheStreet Ratings team rates MICROVISION INC as a Sell with a ratings score of E+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MICROVISION INC (MVIS) a SELL. This is based on a variety of negative investment measures, which should drive this stock to significantly underperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its unimpressive growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income increased by 4.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$3.85 million to -$3.67 million.
- MVIS, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 63.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$3.65 million or 7.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.68%.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 25.47% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in MVIS do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- MICROVISION INC has improved earnings per share by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MICROVISION INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.15 versus -$2.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.40 versus -$1.15).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MVIS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV