DALLAS, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding its popular NexFET portfolio, Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced 14 power MOSFETs in TO-220 and SON packages that support input voltages from 40 V to 100 V. The high-efficiency NexFETs include 40-V, 60-V, 80-V and 100-V N-channel devices that provide excellent thermal performance to a wide range of high-current motor control and power applications. To order samples and see the full list of products, visit: www.ti.com/mvnexfet-pr.
Lowest on-resistance Two of the new 80-V and 100-V NexFET devices achieve the industry's lowest on-resistance in a TO-220 package without sacrificing high gate charge – giving designers more power conversion efficiency at higher currents. The CSD19506 supports 2.0 milliohms of Rds(on) at an input voltage of up to 80 V, while the CSD19536 achieves 2.3 milliohms of Rds(on) at a 100-V input. Both products feature plastic packages with high avalanche capability to support high-stress motor control applications. Designers also can easily select the new products and simulate their power designs by accessing TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool.
Easy-to-use evaluation modulesTI also introduced several easy-to-use evaluation modules based on its 60-V NexFET products – all available for ordering in the TI eStore™:
- Stepper motor pre-driver: DRV8711EVM evaluation module is based on the DRV8711 stepper motor controller paired with NexFET devices to drive a high-current bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors.
- Motor Drive BoosterPack: The BOOSTXL-DRV8301 kit is a 10-A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8301 pre-driver -- designed for those learning about sensorless brushless control techniques and drive stage design.
- Digital power: UCD3138PSFBEVM-027 allows power developers to design a digitally controlled, phase-shifted off-line, 12-V, 360-W power converter application.
- Point-of-load control: TPS40170EVM-597 evaluation board features TI's TPS40170 synchronous step-down controllers with two NexFET devices.
- Video overview of 80-V and 100-V NexFET solutions.
- Download the new Motor Control Solutions Guide.
- Join the TI E2E™ Power Community to ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers.