NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Axiall Corp (AXLL) has been upgraded to "buy" from "neutral" with a $52 price target, Bank of America said Monday. The firm said the revision was due to the key PVC market improving.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
-----------------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AXIALL CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AXIALL CORP (AXLL) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.32, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 76.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $32.29 million to $57.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $169.70 million or 2.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, AXIALL CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 13.30%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AXLL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts