PLANO, Texas, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Given the constant demands of the workplace and the endless desire to maximize productivity, it's no surprise consumers are increasingly in need of an afternoon break. In fact, research shows we are sleepiest at work between the hours of 2 and 4 p.m.* To help consumers get through the day, Rold Gold, one of the iconic brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, is encouraging consumers to take back their breaks by introducing a delicious new snack option along with entertaining digital content so consumers can "break happy."
New Rold Gold Pretzel Thins offer a delicious and savory twist to the classic pretzel, helping consumers combat the dreaded mid-afternoon slump. Featuring a light and crunchy texture, Rold Gold Pretzel Thins are now available at grocery stores nationwide in three flavors: Original, Garlic Parmesan and Three Cheese. With the versatility of a cracker, the new go-to snack can be dipped, popped or topped, serving up endless variety, flavor and fun with every bite.
"We can all admit that when we take time for ourselves, it has a positive impact," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. "With the introduction of Rold Gold Pretzel Thins and our new digital content, we're encouraging consumers to break happy by engaging, participating and snacking with us. Our goal is to bring a little more happiness into the day, one break at a time."
These days, a mid-afternoon break looks a lot different than it once did. Instead of spending time socializing with co-workers around the water cooler, an increasing number of consumers are spending their downtime engaging online with social content. This is particularly true of younger, millennial-age consumers. In fact, a recent survey conducted by YuMe and IPG Media Lab found that millennials are the heaviest viewers of all types of video content, including web videos.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV