HOUSTON, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. (NasdaqGM: RICK) announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase Club O, located in a suburb of Chicago. Rick's plans to expand and convert it to the Company's highly successful Tootsie's Cabaret mega gentlemen's club format.
Club O was named Best Club in the Midwest in 2012 at the Adult Nightclub Expo in Las Vegas. It currently occupies approximately one-quarter of its 56,000 square foot building, has a 5 a.m. license on weekends and 4 a.m. on weekdays, and is centrally located and highly visible off Interstate 294 and Interstate 80.
Rick's plans include making fuller, more effective use of the location to establish a major presence in the Chicago market and to leverage the Tootsie's brand.
"While Club O has been a successful venue for many years in the Chicago area, we anticipate it will be even more so when we refashion its facilities, mode and name to Tootsie's Cabaret, based on our highly successful adult gentlemen's club in Florida serving the Miami market," said Eric Langan, President and CEO of Rick's Cabaret."Tootsies Cabaret Chicago will be a very exciting addition to our growing national network of adult clubs and sports bar/restaurants, and will be especially so once its makeover is completed to include Tootsie's signature stages, bars, entertainment and sports bar/restaurant attractions. We anticipate that the changeover will be complete by the Spring of 2015. During the transition, the existing Club O will continue to operate as usual."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV