BAODING, China, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE) ("Yingli Green Energy" or the "Company"), the largest vertically integrated photovoltaic ("PV") module manufacturer in the world, known as " Yingli Solar", today announced that it has supplied 1 MW of solar panels to Grupo Neoenergia, one of Brazil's largest energy companies and a pioneer in Brazilian solar project development. The panels will deliver clean electricity to Arena Pernambuco, the site of five 2014 FIFA World Cup™ matches.
The unique ground-mount system, which is the first solar power plant for the Brazilian State of Pernambuco, is located on 15,000 square meters of land in Sao Lourenço de Mata, a suburb of Recife, the regional capital. The project contains more than 3,650 monocrystalline PANDA Series panels, which are made from Yingli Solar's patented, high-efficiency cell technology.
The system is projected to generate more than 1,500 MWh of electricity annually, which is equivalent to approximately 6,000 Brazilians' annual electricity consumption. It will meet thirty percent of Arena Pernambuco's electricity demand. When the stadium is not in use, the clean solar energy will be delivered to the local community's electricity grid through Brazil's net energy metering program.
Visitors to the stadium will be able to track the system's performance at a Visitor's Center designed to educate the public about solar energy. Additionally, sophisticated solar generation and weather monitoring stations will support solar energy research and development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV