Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Brian D. Hancock to the position of Senior Vice President–Supply Chain. Mr. Hancock will report to Howard R. Levine, Chairman and CEO.
“Since we opened our first store in 1959, our focus has been on providing our customers with great value and convenience. In today’s competitive retail environment, building an efficient, end-to-end supply chain is critical to providing our customers with the compelling values they have come to rely on Family Dollar to deliver,” said Family Dollar Chairman and CEO, Howard R. Levine. “With Brian’s diverse and extensive background in merchandising, logistics and strategic planning, I know his expertise will help our team achieve our current and future growth initiatives.”
Prior to joining to Family Dollar, Mr. Hancock served as President-North American division for The Martin–Brower Company, L.L.C., the largest supplier of food and materials to McDonald's restaurants worldwide, where he was responsible for all strategic and operational functions in North America. Previous to that, he served as Vice President-Global Supply Chain for Whirlpool, Inc. Mr. Hancock also held various positions with Schneider National, a privately held transportation and logistics leader. Mr. Hancock holds a master’s degree in business from Virginia Commonwealth University.
About Family DollarBeginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 8,100 stores in 46 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV