GE (NYSE:GE) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Thermo Fisher’s HyClone™ cell culture media and sera, and gene modulation and magnetic beads businesses. The acquisition allows GE to expand its offering of tools, technologies and services for the discovery and manufacture of innovative new medicines, vaccines and diagnostics in its growing Life Sciences business.
Commenting on the close, Kieran Murphy, President and CEO of GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business said, “GE Healthcare has built a world-class set of technologies for the life sciences sector, and these new businesses will strongly enhance our current offerings. As well as providing us with new tools for drug discovery and biomedical research, our customers in biopharmaceutical manufacturing will benefit straight away from an expanded range of “start-to-finish” technologies that will help them improve product yields and reduce time-to-market. Through this acquisition we immediately expand our cell culture media production capabilities in Asia, the Americas and Europe, enabling us to offer the biopharmaceutical industry greater confidence in the security of supply of a key part of their production process”.
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV