BEIJING, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- China Finance Online Co. Limited ("China Finance Online", or the "Company") (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a technology-driven, and user-focused market leader in China providing vertically integrated financial information and services, today announced that JRJC stock has been added to the NASDAQ Golden Dragon Index (NASDAQ: HXC) and the NASDAQ OMX China Technology Index (NASDAQ: CHXN9000) effective Monday, March 24, 2014.
The NASDAQ Golden Dragon China index is designed to provide insight and access to the unique economic and investment opportunities in China while providing the transparency offered by U.S. listed securities. The Index represents approximately 72 companies that are either headquartered or incorporated in China and trade on The NASDAQ Stock Market, or the New York Stock Exchange. The index consists of securities broken down by different industry segments.
The NASDAQ OMX China Technology Index is designed to track the performance of technology companies that are domiciled in China or Hong Kong. The Index represents approximately 25 companies that are either headquartered or incorporated in China and trade on The NASDAQ Stock Market, the New York Stock Exchange, or the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Mr. Zhiwei Zhao, Chairman and CEO of China Finance Online, commented, "The addition of our stock by the NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. into their Golden Dragon China Index and the China Technology Index recognizes our longstanding track record and corporate governance, and will help increase awareness of JRJC among U.S. investors."About China Finance Online China Finance Online Co. Limited is a technology-driven, user-focused market leader in China in providing vertically integrated financial information and services. The Company's two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, have attracted enormous population of individual investors. The Company offers basic software, information services and securities investment advisory services to individual investors. Through its subsidiary, Genius, the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. Leveraging on its robust internet capabilities and registered user base, China Finance Online is developing comprehensive financial services including securities and futures brokerage services in Hong Kong and precious metal trading services in China. Safe Harbor Statement This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our product upgrade and strategic transformation initiative;
- our prospect on the newly launched internet-based financial platform "Yinglibao";
- our prospect on the growth of our precious metals trading services;
- our investment in the real estate project in Langfang City of Hebei Province;
- our prospect on stabilization in cash attrition and improvement of our financial position;
- our initiatives to address customers' demand for intuitive online investment platforms and alternative investment opportunities; and
- the market prospect of the business of securities investment advisory and wealth management.
- the changing customer needs, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing condition of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the unpredictability of our strategic transformation and growth of new businesses, including our new precious metal trading service;
- the degree to which our strategic collaborations with partners will yield successful outcome;
- the prospect for China's high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of securities investment advisory and wealth management, including cash management solutions and mutual fund distribution;
- the unpredictability of our investment in the real estate project in Langfang City of Hebei Province;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts