NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) will present new data from its phase III hepatitis C development program at the 2014 International Liver Congress™ (ILC) in London, April 9-13. Detailed results from the SAPPHIRE-I, SAPPHIRE-II, PEARL-III, and TURQUOISE-II studies will be presented at the ILC on April 10-12.
In presentations at the ILC, investigators will share detailed data results of four studies from AbbVie's phase III clinical trial program, the largest phase III program of an investigational, all-oral, interferon-free regimen for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in genotype 1 (GT1) adult patients.
Following is a list of AbbVie's phase III clinical trial program data being presented at the ILC:
- SAPPHIRE-II: Phase III Placebo-Controlled Study of an Investigational Interferon-Free, 12-Week Regimen in 394 Treatment-Experienced Adults with HCV GT1Oral Presentation: General Session 1 and Opening April 10, 14:00-14:15 BST; ICC Auditorium
- SAPPHIRE-I: Phase III Placebo-Controlled Study of an Investigational Interferon-Free, 12-Week Regimen in 631 Treatment-Naive Adults with HCV GT1Oral Presentation: General Session 2 and Awards 1April 11, 10:15-10:30 BST; ICC Auditorium
- PEARL-III: Sustained Virologic Response 12 Weeks Post-treatment (SVR 12) with an Investigational 12-Week Regimen in 419 Treatment-Naive HCV GT1b-Infected Adults Late Breaker Poster: Poster P1299 April 12, 9:00-18:00 BST; Poster Exhibition
- TURQUOISE-II: SVR 12 Rates in 380 HCV GT1-Infected Adults with Compensated Cirrhosis Treated with an Investigational Regimen Oral Presentation: Late Breakers April 12, 15:30-15:45 BST; ICC Auditorium
AbbVie will present additional data in presentations throughout the Congress. The full ILC 2014 scientific program can be found at www.ilc-congress.eu/.About AbbVie's Investigational HCV RegimenThe AbbVie investigational regimen consists of the fixed-dose combination of ABT-450/ritonavir (150/100mg) co-formulated with ABT-267 (25mg), dosed once daily, and ABT-333 (250mg) with or without ribavirin (RBV) (weight-based), dosed twice daily. The combination of three different mechanisms of action interrupts the HCV replication process with the goal of optimizing sustained virologic response (SVR) rates across different patient populations. Additional information about AbbVie's phase III studies can be found on www.clinicaltrials.gov. AbbVie's HCV Development ProgramThe AbbVie HCV clinical development program is intended to advance scientific knowledge and clinical care by investigating an interferon-free, all-oral regimen with and without RBV with the goal of producing high SVR rates in as many patients as possible, including those that typically do not respond well to treatment, such as previous non-responders to interferon-based therapy or patients with advanced liver fibrosis or cirrhosis. ABT-450 was discovered during the ongoing collaboration between AbbVie and Enanta Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ENTA) for HCV protease inhibitors and regimens that include protease inhibitors. ABT-450 is being developed by AbbVie for use in combination with AbbVie's other investigational medicines for the treatment of HCV.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV