Obama: Women Still Face Outdated Policies at Work
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says the economy hasn't caught up to the new reality that women now make up about half of the workforce.
Obama says in his weekly radio and Internet address that women earn about 77 cents for every dollar men earn. He says women face outdated policies that hold them back, and that hurts their families and the broader economy.
Obama is calling on Congress to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour.
In the GOP address, Gov. Rick Snyder of Michigan says there's an economic comeback in states led by Republican governors. He says it can happen nationally if the country follows their lead.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV