Lagging In Post-Market Activity: General Dynamics (GD)
- GD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $215.2 million.
- GD is down 8.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GD: General Dynamics Corporation, an aerospace and defense company, provides business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems, and munitions; military and commercial shipbuilding; and communications and information technology products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. GD has a PE ratio of 15.6. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate General Dynamics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for General Dynamics has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General Dynamics has a market cap of $37.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 5.6% with 7.01 days to cover. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Dynamics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 128.99% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 54.02% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $7.03 versus -$1.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.20 versus $7.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 123.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2,130.00 million to $495.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 98.97% to $1,552.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.99%.
- You can view the full General Dynamics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.