By early afternoon, shares had taken off 6% to $1.06.
The nano-cap recorded revenues of $35.3 million in the three months to Feb. 1, a 34.3% year-over-year decrease. In its retail segment, sales dropped 33.5% to $21.9 million, which included a comparable-store sales decrease of 26.9%.
New York-based dELIA*s reported a net loss of 26 cents a share, narrower than the year-ago quarter's 34-cents-a-share loss.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "While we are not pleased with our fourth quarter financial results, we believe that we have made tangible progress in executing on key initiatives that will set the stage for improved and more consistent financial performance," said CEO Tracy Gardner in a statement. These key initiatives included transitioning product to reflect an on-trend assortment appealing to 12- to 18-year-old females. "We created a more unified and relevant brand message across our channels and improved the presentation in our stores, online and in our catalogs. We took a serious and detailed look into our costs during the quarter, and we believe our management-led restructuring will drive $5 million in annualized cost reductions," added Gardner. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV