In the midst of all the food and the fun, I still had actual work to do and that meant an endless string of panel discussions and interviews in the streaming music space.
Notice how fresh and awake everyone looks in the above photograph? That was taken on Wednesday, at the first panel discussion titled "Man Vs. Machine: The Curation Dilemma". A schedule of all-day panels and presentations and all-night music venues took its toll. By Saturday, when I attended the last of the panels on my list, "Global Music Cities" panelists and audience members alike were looking baggy eyed and just about ready to keel over. I'll avoid embarrassing anybody by just not posting those photos.The folks in the photo above are, left to right, moderator Stephen White, president of Gracenote, Chris Becherer, Vice President of Production at Rdio, Eric Bieschke, Chief Scientist and Vice President of Playlists at Pandora (P), Tim Quirk, head of Global Content Programming for Google (GOOG) Play, and Mark Ruxin, CEO and founder of TastemakerX, a social media music discovery game. Missing from the photo, but present at the panel discussion, is Ian Rogers, CEO of Beats Music.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV