NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) reported earnings on Tuesday and its shares are currently lower. TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, called the selloff in GIII shares an "interesting opportunity."
During the conference call the company suggested its recent acquisition of G.H. Bass & Co. negatively affected the quarter, Cramer said. He will be talking with Manny Chirico, CEO of PVH Corp. (PVH), on his CNBC "Mad Money" TV show, and Chirico may be able to shed some light on GIII Apparel since the two companies are partners.
Cramer is a buyer of GIII at current levels.
Turning to Schlumberger (SLB), he said the company made some positive comments at the Howard Weil Energy Conference. Those remarks are fueling the "best in breed stock" to break out, and should also give a boost to Halliburton (HAL) and Baker Hughes (BHI), he said.Regarding retail, Cramer said J.C. Penney's (JCP) CEO Michael Ullman is beginning to turn things around, albeit slowly. However, the stock will not be able to move higher until shares of Target (TGT) and Kohl's (KSS) move higher, and those stocks are "stalled," according to Cramer. Finally, he said that the momentum names including SolarCity (SCTY), Tesla Motors (TSLA), Google (GOOG), Salesforce.com (CRM), and Gilead Sciences (GILD) need to stabilize before the market can begin to move higher. However, Cramer is still in "watch mode," with these names, he concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV