NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- 3-D printing company
(SSYS) was upgraded by JPMorgan to buy from hold.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the
Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, wondered what this means for the company and the rest of the sector.
He added it's important for the share price to stand strong because the group has been "annihilated" in recent trading. He said if the price holds up money could start flowing back into this "highly speculative" space.
Cramer was also wondering why shares of Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) are moving higher. Are investors relieved the company will "only" receive a $540,000 fine in China. This is better-than-expected news as some thought the company could be barred from doing business in the country, Cramer said.
He speculated that Herbalife (HLF) -- which has its own issues in China -- will likely trade higher on this news. The addition of three new board members from hedge fund manager Carl Icahn should gives Herbalife shares a boost as well.He concluded hedge fund manager, Bill Ackman, who has a sizable short position in Herbalife, is trying to drive shares down to $0 and "destroy" the company.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV