NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- E-House China Holdings (EJ) climbed on Friday after the company jointly announced with Tencent Holdings (TCEHY) that the latter would purchase 15% of equity interests in Leju, E-House's wholly-owned subsidiary, on a fully diluted basis for $180 million.
Tencent, a leading Chinese Internet service provider, will also subscribe additional shares in Leju's proposed IPO to maintain its 15% equity interest on a fully diluted basis. The companies expect the deal to close by the end of March.
E-House was rising 4.47% to $13.68 at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, while Tencent was climbing 4.03% to $75.32.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR as a "hold" with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR (EJ) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- EJ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 36.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 67.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EJ's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, EJ has a quick ratio of 2.17, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 67.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.43% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2300.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 205.53% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EJ Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts