Trade-Ideas: U.S. Bancorp (USB) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- USB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $262.0 million.
- USB has traded 14,015 shares today.
- USB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in USB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for USB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on USB: U.S. Bancorp, a financial services holding company, provides a range of financial services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. USB has a PE ratio of 14.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate U.S. Bancorp a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for U.S. Bancorp has been 7.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. U.S has a market cap of $77.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 1.4% with 4.12 days to cover. Shares are up 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates U.S. Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- U S BANCORP has improved earnings per share by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, U S BANCORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.01 versus $2.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $3.01).
- The gross profit margin for U S BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 87.21%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.87% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,420.00 million to $1,456.00 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.